Okay, I'm an organizing freak, I'll admit it. One of my favorite pastimes is organizing something - closets, scrapbook stuff, kids drawers/closets, recipes, just about anything. I'll even go to my sister's house to organize her stuff when I run out of my own. Two of my favorite times of the year are "back to school" and New Years. Why - that's when all the organizing stuff is out and on sale! Along with the organizing of stuff, I'm always looking for new/better ways to organize my life. So here's my latest creation - new job charts for the kids. The older kids were getting a little annoyed/worried that the little three didn't have charts yet, so I was sure to include them now, too.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Posted by Kimberly T. at 4:39 PM
Loved the books, looking forward to the movie!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!
Who are you?
Posted by Kimberly T. at 4:25 PM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Long time, no post! Things got busy for a while, canning kind of took over my life for a while. When I wasn't actually canning, I was harvesting, cleaning up the garden, on the hunt for bottles, planning for it, gathering supplies for it, then rearranging all the food storage afterward, etc. etc. It's a big LONG process. We're all so glad it's over. So now, my top 6 (I'm too tired to think of 10) list of "Reasons I'm Glad to be Done Canning".
6. My counter tops can be used again and are not covered in bottles full and empty/canners/dehydrators, etc.
5. My life is not revolving around when fruit comes on, when the timer will beep, when Mom can come and help (Thank you soooo much, Mom!), which food item is more ripe than the others, etc.
4. My kitchen floor is no longer poka-dotted and sticky. Ahh, a clean floor!
3. The little kids have never watched so many movies in a day. They loved it, and it kept them busy so I could get more done. They really were good while I worked.
2. It invaded every aspect of our lives. It was the topic of discussion constantly - what got done today, what is left, when will it be done. An example, Cheyenne was helping Billy with his homework one day. He was supposed to repeat the sentence she told him. The sentence was, "My shoes come in pairs." He repeated, "My shoes come in peaches?" We laughed and laughed and I knew canning better come to an end soon.
1. Seeing my storage shelves overflowing with all my hard work and tastiness!
Posted by Kimberly T. at 3:23 PM