Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rainbow Spring Dessert

Looks delicious, doesn't it!
Sorry, for the lack of posts this past week.  I was doing things, but being too lazy to write about them. :)  I just needed a little break.  But I'm back and ready to share some of the fun I was having.  This past weekend was a great one!  All of my brother's and my younger sister (we missed you Kristen!) and their families all hung out together.  Leslie and I did some crafting, making super cute wreaths (we'll show you soon), my mom made a safety pin watch like I did here, all the while we were torturing my daughter, Cheyenne, by listening/singing along with Disney music.  (If you want a great station on Pandora, type in Walt Disney, awesome!)  The cousins, big and little, played and played.  Yes, I'm saying the teenagers played and not hung out since the biggest occupier of time on Sunday was when they took over the cardboard playhouse and played house. lol  Seriously!!  The reason for the gathering was my parents were speaking in church before they leave for their mission to Salt Lake City - see more about that here.  This is mission number 3 for them, I'm so proud of them.  They did a great speaking and then we all gathered for a big dinner at their house afterwards.

Most of the family, missing my sister, Kristen and family, and 3 of my nephews who are also serving missions right now.
Anyway, back to the big dinner, Mom asked me to bring dessert and I knew exactly what I wanted to bring.  Seeing as how it has been very spring like for the last week here in Idaho, and I've had a serious craving for it because I haven't had it in years, I made Rainbow Spring Dessert - a delicious cheesecake, pistachio pudding dessert on a pecan-sandie-like crust.  Oh, my mouth is watering for it again, and I ate the last piece for breakfast on Monday. :)  It's heavenly, not to rich, light and fluffy, and perfect for any spring meal or great for baby showers, too.  We always make it for baby showers and change the top layer to either pink or blue. 


Rainbow Spring Dessert:
1st Layer:              1/2 c. butter, softened
                               1 ¼ c. flour
                               1 c. chopped pecans

Cut the butter into the flour and mix all together for crust.  Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.

2nd Layer:             8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
                              1 c. powdered sugar

                              1 ½ c. whipped topping (like cool-whip)
                              Pinch salt

                              ¼ tsp. almond flavoring

                              8 drops of yellow food coloring
Mix well and spread on crust.

3rd Layer:             2 pkgs. (small boxes) instant pistachio pudding mix
                              3 c. cold milk
Beat together and pour over 2nd layer.  Chill.

4th Layer:             2 c. whipped topping
                              ¼ tsp. almond flavoring

                              Enough red food coloring to make it pink
Mix and spread over green layer.

Can be frozen, allow several hours to thaw.  Garnish with sliced almonds and whipped cream (I’ve never added more whipped cream.)


This post was featured by:
TidyMom The ArtsyGirl Connection  Lovely Crafty Home  


 
  Pin It

27 comments:

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Mmm... This looks so pretty & yummy!!!! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now at Jillify It! I hope to see you there!!

Be sure to enter to win a Hobby Lobby gift card while you're there! I'm a new follower, too!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Love the picture. glad to see Billy throwing up the peace sign :-)

{northern cottage} said...

this looks SO delish! totally gonna make this coming up! thanks for sharing!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I'm a cake nut. This looks yummy.

Little City Farm said...

This just screams out spring to me (and I can also hear it yelling 'delicious', lol). Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

so fun! I've made this w/ chocolate pudding, but this is so much more fun!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

How pretty! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday. www.bearrabbitbear.com

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This looks SO yummy! And those spring colors are lovely! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

This is so pretty! And looks yummy!
I hope you'll share this with my "Unveil Your Genius" Link Party!
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/03/unveil-your-genius-link-party_15.html

Happy Weekend!!

TidyMom said...

so perfect for spring! and sounds delicious!
Thanks for linking up! I featured you post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/spring-crafts-food/
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Unknown said...

Yum-looks delicious and so pretty-I'm your newest follower from finding fabulous-stop by for a visit!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Looks beautiful and delicious! Your newest follower ~ Megan

The Stonybrook House said...

Wow! Now that looks DELISH!!

Maria said...

Mmm this looks beautiful AND delicious! Yumm!!!!

Jackie said...

This looks soooo good, and I love the colors. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Pinned!

Winnie said...

It's a great dessert, and it looks beautiful. I really like the different colors

Unknown said...

Looks soo yummy! Cant wait to try this!
www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

annies home said...

oh so pretty and yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

That is gorgeous and it sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

Katie said...

Looks yummy and is so pretty! I would love for you to share at my Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party!

http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-stalking-thursday-33.html

Rachel said...

This looks like something I would really like. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Live Laugh Rowe said...

YUMMY! I will definitely have to give this dessert a try :) Thanks so much for sharing.

Kelly
www.livelaughrowe.com

Diane said...

What a great recipe...would be great for Easter! I must ask, though, what is a cube of butter? A cup? Thanks!

Kimberly T. said...

Thanks for your question, Diane. I'm still a new blogger, and didn't even think about people around the world who might not have cubes of butter. lol I've edited it now so it's 1/2 c. butter.

KC Coake said...

Looks so pretty and so spring like! It also looks so yummy.
KCoake
www.realcoake.blogspot.com

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so pretty and sounds like it would be delicious too!

Kelly said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious! I'm making it today for tomorrow's dessert, and I talked about it today over here on my blog, too.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks so much for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...