Monday, April 26, 2010

Tax Day

We celebrate an unusual day at our house, April 15, tax day. No, it's not because we're getting a refund (we've usually gotten it and spent it by then :) ), but it's the day we get Bill back. Starting from about the middle of December to April 15 is a very stressful, very busy time for Bill at work. Although this year was a little better in that he didn't work so many Saturdays, I think it was a little more stressful with all they've got going on at work. I'm just glad he didn't go into public accounting as we'd really not see him at all during this time, so it could be worse. However, by the time April 15 rolls around, we're ready for a party. We're ready to have a happy, relaxed Dad around again, so we throw a party for him. We celebrated with a very clean house, taco salad, the "special plate", german chocolate cream pie, pepsi, and a time to snuggle with dad and just relax together. It was a good night. Ahhh, I love tax day!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love it! Glad your family has their dad/husband back. :)
btw...can I have your recipe for the German Chocolate Cream Pie? My DH's favorite cake is german chocolate and I'm sure he would love it in pie form too.

ashley said...

cute! what a fun idea!

Jared and Emillee said...

I love it Kim~

Mamma Mia said...

Way to go, Bill. Glad the worst is behind you for the year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...