Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tag!

A little bit of fun stuff today.  I'm playing a little catch up for the last month - can you believe it's the end of March already?! Seriously, where did this month go??

First of all, I want to send out a big thank you to Amanda from School House Scraps for giving me the Liebster award. 

Now, what is the Liebster Blog Award?
Liebster is German and means 'dearest' or 'beloved',
but it can also mean 'favorite'.

I also want to thank Cameron from Homemade for giving me The Versatile Blogger award.  It's always nice to be noticed and appreciated.
 
 
The Versatile Blogger Award is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.
So thank you so much, both of you, I'm honored, really.
 
 
Then I got tagged, twice.  I guess that really makes me It. :)  Amy from One Artsy Mama and Kadie from Seven Alive both tagged me blogger style.  Since I've always loved these kind of little "get-to-know-you" quizzes I'm playing along.  However, since they both tagged me and you'll all probably be bored reading this anyway, I'm picking and choosing which 11 questions I want to answer.  Some of them are hard questions. lol
Here's how it works:
RULES
**You must post the rules {?!}
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them

1. If you could have coffee with any one person, living or not, who would it be?
Well, I don't drink coffee, but I'd love to have a Coke with either of my grandpa's.  They both died just before I was born and I'd love to be able to sit and chat with them.  My Grandpa C. worked for the Coke company for years, so it'd have to be a Coke.
This is my Grandpa and Grandma C.  Aren't they just so cute!

2. What is one quality you'd like to develop in yourself?
It would have to be patience.  I think that's why I was blessed with triplets, on top of the 3 kids we already had, because I really need to learn patience.  I'm working on it daily - some days they test it more than others. :)  Also the ability to NOT procrastinate, again a daily struggle.
My 6 plus my niece, Ashtyn.
3.What is the last book you read, or are currently reading?
I'm reading a diet book (Perfect 10 - very interesting, but I don't like these kind of books very much so it's slow going),  an organizing your kids book - can't even remember what it's called right now,  read Hunger Games last week for the second time before we went to the movie, reading the next two books this week because I forgot how good they were, and then reading Divergent by Veronica Roth (so good!) again before the next one in the series comes out in May.  That's why I added it to my "recommend" list on the right side of the page.

4.  What is your favorite book?
I love to read, so I had to answer both these questions.  My favorite book would have to be These is My Words by Nancy Turner.  I really like historical fiction (as well as YA fiction), and I have a thing for pioneers, Little House on the Prairie, that time period. 



4.  If time, money, and kids were not a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Anywhere - traveling would be nice. lol  Bill is not much of a traveler.  I'm really kicking myself that I didn't visit my parents while they were in St. Petersburg, Russia.  So I'd like to go there, but I'd also really like to go to Australia someday.
5.   If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Brownies!  Love 'em!  For a little variety, I'd add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some carmel drizzled on top.

6.  You are on a beautiful beach, warm sun and sand. Are you most likely to build a sand castle, or swim in the ocean?
I'm building sandcastles, the ocean scares me. lol  Okay, I've only been to the ocean twice, and I can't even remember the first time, but the pull of the tide was scary.  I'm not a good swimmer at all.  However, back in the day, I could build an awesome town of rivers and lakes in the sandbox.
7.  How much time do you spend on the computer a day?
Umm, too much, don't tell Bill!  Some days are better than others, though, and I am doing a lot better at prioritizing and getting my things done and getting off the computer.

8.   If you could relive one moment or day in your life, what would it be and why?
My wedding day, there are so many things I'd do different and would enjoy more and the day went WAY, too fast.
9.  What is your favorite season and why?
I love Fall, when we have a good fall, the colors are fabulous, the temperatures are cooling off, gardening is done, the excitement of a new year of school is there, fun things to do, and I can start making my favorite comfort foods again, things like meatloaf and baked potatoes, and chili.
However, I love Winter, too.  I love the landscape covered in a blanket of white.  Love a good blizzard (not if I'm out in it though), the possibility and crossing fingers hoping for a snow day, the dread of hearing the snowplow go by at 6 a.m. knowing we aren't getting out of school.  The hush that a new snow leaves over everything, it really is quieter.  Playing in the snow, sledding behind my dad's pickup - when I was little and now, showing my kids how to do it and watching my kids have a blast!  
The view out my back door.
10. Which sense would be the hardest for you to lose: sight, hearing, taste, or smell? Why? 
Sight - I would miss seeing my children grow up, the joy on their faces at new things, the excitement on their faces, seeing the looks that only I know what they mean, just seeing how much they will grow and change in the coming years.
They've already grown so fast in these past 7 years, I can't imagine the next 7.
11.  Which superpower would you choose: the ability to fly, the ability to read minds, or x-ray vision, and why?
This would be a double-edged sword, but I would choose the ability to read minds.  I would FINALLY be able to figure Bill out. :)  I'd also love to know what people are really thinking about me or the situation, but there in lies the bad part, too. 


And now I'm tagging (and I call no tag-backs!) . . .
Brianna at Babblings and More actually all 4 of you can do it if you want. :)
Kendra at Key Lime Digital
Korrie at Red Hen Home
Christina at The Tattered Tag
Christine at The DIY Dreamer
Becky at Clean Mama

Here are my 11 questions:
1. If you could go back in time, when would you go back to, or what time period would you visit?
2. What position are you in your family growing up and do feel you have the characteristics of that position (oldest, youngest, middle child, only child, etc.)?
3. What is your best feature and why do you like it?
4. You rub a lamp and find a genie. What are your three wishes? (and no wishing for more wishes!)
5. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
6. What music are you listening to right now on your computer, ipod, in the car, where ever?
7. What talent do you wish you had?
8. Share a nickname you had/have and how you got it.
9. If given the chance, would you go back in time and go through high school again? Why or why not? Apparently time travel is on my mind today. lol
10. What's your idea of a perfect vacation - money's no object.
11. Name one thing you'd do or have in your dream home.

To those I've tagged, if you don't feel like participating, no big deal.  It's all fun!  If anyone reading wants to play along, you can leave the answers in the comments or if you blog, answer these questions on your blog and leave a link in the comments.  Thanks Amy and Kadie, this was fun! 


  Pin It

4 comments:

Mamma Mia said...

I REALLY loved this post. You wax quite poetic. Love you, too.

Kendra said...

How fun! I love tag! :) I seriously love brownies too! All baked goods actually. haha! Thanks for tagging me! :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

So fun to read your answers! Thanks for tagging me, but I think I will pass--I answered another 11 questions earlier this month ;-) Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Great job Kim!! I love all your answers. I have to say that These is my Words is in my top 5 all time favorite books. I have read it several times. Thanks for playing a long and letting us get to know you better.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...