Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Teacher and Neighbor Gift Ideas

Here is my sister, Leslie, again with some cute, simple, easy gift ideas:

Are you still looking for inexpensive gift ideas for teachers or neighbors?  These are some of the things I am going to give this year:


These word art picture frames are fun and super "cost effective" (that sounds so much better than cheap).  I bought used picture frames from D.I. ($1-2 each) and gave them I fresh coat of paint.  Then I printed the free prints found here and here

Next up, neighbor gifts:


I've seen lots of cute ideas out there for reusing glass jars.   I reused spaghetti sauce and pickle jars, and spray painted the lids black.  The bases are Dollar Store candlesticks that I also painted black.  You could fill them with all kinds of things.  Pencils or crayons for teachers?

And one more idea to go along with a gift for my children's teachers, these initial notepads, journals and cards from the dollar section of Target:


I couldn't find a whole set for each initial I need, but I think they would be cute to add to one of the ideas above. 


Hope your shopping is almost finished!  Once I find Neil Diamond's Greatest Hits, I think I will have everything I need (Mom, don't tell Dad!)

Thank you, Leslie, fantastic ideas as usual!  I'm going to start saving my glass jars now so I can do this next year (we don't use those very often, lol.)  I'm so excited that Leslie and family is coming up to visit for Christmas! Yeah!! You're still coming right, Les? Tell Luke I published it so it's fact now. :)

This post was featured by:
{Junk in their Trunk} Happy Go Lucky  Lovely Crafty Home

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

These are super cute!!

Leslie said...

I think we are at 95% sure at this point : )

momof5 said...

Love the candy jars. Did you have to use a special kind of paint that would stay on the glass and not come off? Cool ideas that you share. Thanks for sharing them.

Leslie said...

Thanks Mom of 5! I used regular spay paint for the lids and vinyl for the initials. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Unknown said...

Love these jars...are they glued to the candle holders or just resting there? Visiting from Crafty Christmas linky party

Leslie said...

Brooke, they are glued with a thin layer of E6000 glue. You can find it at Walmart or craft stores. It sticks really well.

Holly Lefevre said...

Great ideas! I never thought of a framed printable as a gift - brilliant.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Such great ideas!! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing at my Feature Friday Linky Party!

Danielle @ Blissful & Domestic
http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

The jar gifts are my fav! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie
www.bearrabbitbear.com

Mindie Hilton said...

I wish I was your neighbor! Merry Christmas and hugs from Bacon Time.

Unknown said...

Such great ideas!! So glad you shared at Shine on Friday.

Kara said...

Thanks for sharing. I will be featuring this tomorrow at our Shine on Friday party. Hope you'll join us again soon.

Unknown said...

Why inexpensive ideas about gifts are best for teachers and neighbors?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...