Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cheyenne's Birthday

 
My baby just turned 16!!  My sweet little girl is getting all grown up!  Where has the time gone?  Seems like yesterday she was this little.


Now she'll be dating and next month she'll have her driver's license.  Oh, and she's waiting for a phone call to see if she'll have a job through the holidays, too.  I don't think I'm ready for this.  Can I be this old?  Wasn't I just turning 16? (Sigh...)  The fun part of her getting older is we have a lot of fun together.  She's my scrapbooking and jewelry making buddy.  We had so much fun going to basketball games together last year.  She's my fashion consultant.  She's my friend.  I sure love you, Cheyenne!

Before I get too, mushy, I'll share with you the card I made for her.  Here's my philosophy on card making.  I like cards to be quick, easy, and not make people guilty for throwing them away.  :)  I don't want to be the reason for someone's hoarding, someone's overflowing box of cards they can't bear to throw away because someone went to a lot of work making them. lol  So here it is, simple, easy, yet cute.

Step 1: I cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of brown cardstock in half the short way.  That leaves you with two card bases sized 4 1/4"x 5 1/2", also known as an A2 size card.  Then I tore the numbered sheet of paper slightly smaller.  I have a few of these embossed paper packs that have different colored cores so when you tear or sand the other color shows through.  Really fun for cards or scrapbooking.

Step 2:  I sanded all the 1s and 6s for 16, ya know. Glued that onto the brown base.

Step 3:  With my cricut I cut the "sweet" from the Graphically Speaking cartridge, and "16" from Doodletype.  Glued those on with my Zig 2 Way Glue - it's like gluing with a ball-point pen, awesome! Finally, grabbed some ribbon and miraculously managed to tie a decent bow on the first try.  Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with bows.  I think I'm a little bow-tying handicapped, they just never come out right.  So when they do turn out right, I'm thrilled!

That's it! Quick and easy.

Come back tomorrow when I share more birthday fun and a fabulous upgrade of a box cake mix!


My goal is 100 followers by December, can you help me out?!  Follow me and then we'll have a big Christmas party to celebrate.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I cant believe Cheyennie is 16! You two are lucky to have so much in common. Cant wait to see you both in a couple days!

ashley said...

she can't be 16 already?! shes such a beautiful girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...