Saturday, November 5, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Things have been a little crazy busy around here for the last few weeks, but hopefully I'm on top of things now and it'll be a little calmer.  Meanwhile, a couple weeks ago, Laura from Our Prairie Home awarded me, and 14 others, with the The Versatile Blogger award.  I was so honored.  Thank you so much, Laura!


As part of accepting this award, I now have a little work to do:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you this award. 
Thank you again, Laura, you're right, us newbies have to stick together.  She has a great site full of fun vintagey crafts, amazing furniture makeovers, and more. Just the name of her blog Our Prairie Home makes me want to visit. :)
2. Share seven (7) things about yourself.
Here goes:
1.  I'm a mom to 6 fabulous kids ages 16 (in 3 days) to 6 - including triplets.  We had 3, two girls and boy, going for number 4 and surprise! we get 2 more girls and a boy. :)
2.  I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and a procrastinator - not a good combination. Makes getting things done a little hard at times.
3.  I love being organized - A place for everything and everything in it's place, at least most of the time is my motto.
4.  I love a good book!
5.  We love to watch movies as a family, although I suck at the quote the movie line game.  I never say it quite right and can't remember every line from every movie I've ever seen like the rest of the family can. :)
6.  Biggest pet peeve - chewing with your mouth open or smacking - "A smack for a smack!" is the rule at our table. lol
7.  Love living on a farm, but not having to make a living from the farm.  We live on my father-in-laws farm letting us enjoy wide open views, delicious beef, my kids having the opportunity to do some real work, and the smell of sunshine (my husband's nice way of saying manure that is NOT my favorite!)
3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know they've been awarded.
I've been doing some searching and found some really fun bloggers that I'd like to share with you.  I'm following them all now, and hope you'll do the same.

1.The Small Things - she has THE best hair tutorials I've seen.  Very easy to follow videos that show you step by step how to do each style.  My new favorite hairdo - her messy ponytail/bun!

2.Love Notes by Lauryn - she's a preschool teacher, which I believe is right up there with kindergarten teacher and Saint.  She's a great graphic designer and I really learned a lot from her ABC’s of Hair (um, can you tell I need some help with my hair?)

3.Ribbonwood Cottage - I found Debbie from her nice comments on my blog and I’m so glad.  She's a cross-stitcher, too, something I really enjoy but don't see enough of in blog land.  She lives on a cool farm, and deep down, I'm a farm-girl at heart.

4.Red Hen Home - I LOVE her amazing beadboard signs!! Plus she does incredible furniture makeovers. 
 Check out her awesome theatre room.

5.Sugar Baby Boutique - she has some really great storage ideas for crafts to hair accessories.  I really like her magnet board made with paint sticks.

6.Roca and Company - if you have a shirt you're tired of, this blog is the place to come.  She has some amazing shirt refashions and she throws a "rockin" linky party every Friday!

7.A Home, Made - Amy's a newbie, only been blogging for almost a month.  She made an awesome spooky castle/craft with stuff from around the house - tp/paper towel rolls, lids, tissue box. Very  cool!

8.Imperfectly Inspired - Another newbie, only been blogging for almost 2 months. She has a really cool DIY picture matting of an old picture of her Grandpa and Grandma. I love it!

9. The Creative Paige - I really like her cute blog design, it makes me happy when I'm there. :)  Paige has  tons of cute printables, too, and she likes a lot of the same blogs I do.

10.Mndy Made -  Her little girl is adorable! I really like her cute clothespins tutorial.  I've got to make these for my kids's chore charts.

11.Redfly Creations - I just found her from a link party where she posted a recipe for the Amish Friendship Bread.  Awesome!! My kids love that stuff, but I hate throwing away half the start each time since I've already given it away to every friend, neighbor, and family member who will let me in the door with it.

12.Bear Rabbit Bear - She made potato head pumpkins this year.  They are so cool! I'm definitely keeping that in mind for next year!

13.Adventures of a DIY Mom - I love her reversible bead board pumpkins (I think I have a thing for beadboard), and will definitely be making these.  Rachel also has a lot of great canning ideas and tutorials.

14.Simply Dove - Sarah has lots of fun sewing/refashion ideas.  I really like her simple tutorial for an infinity scarf.  She also had a post on macro photography a few weeks ago – great pictures.

15.Make the Best of Everything - "The Happiest people don't HAVE the best of everything. They MAKE the best of everything!" is the subtitle on her blog.  Words to live by!  She also has really fun felt play-food ideas and her homemade tortilla chips look delicious.


So if you're in the mood to make some new bloggy friends or just be incredibly inspired, go check out the above blogs.  Share some love in this big old bloggy world!



3 comments:

paige said...

Thanks for picking me for the award!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for picking me for the award! You are so sweet. :)

Leslie said...

I can almost hear Dad's voice about the smacking : )

I can't wait to go check out all these blogs! And I loved the Halloween pictures. Can't wait to see those kiddos soon. Jack has started counting down the days. (And those were some awesome angry bird jack-o-lanterns!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...