Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weight-loss Accountability

Well, it's been a month now since I started working on my goals, especially my weight-loss goal (see here.)  Time to fess up, be accountable, and resolve to do better. 

So how have I done, well, good and not so good.  I'm happy to report that I'm back in the habit of drinking water every day and it's getting easier.  Which also means I'm doing pretty good (I slipped a couple times) at limiting my pop intake to only once a week.  I've found it's really hard to get all my water in when I nurse a pop all afternoon.  Plus if you remember this post here, I have to drink an extra glass of water for every pop I drink.  I'm actually not craving it so much either, and I really savor it and enjoy the taste so much more when I do have a pop.

I've also started exercising again and it is fun-ish. lol I haven't made it a solid habit again, but I have really tried to incorporate more strength training into every day.  Just little bits here and there, but it's something.  This is really going to be my focus for the next couple of weeks.  I have got to make myself (not really a morning person) get up at 6 and get moving!!

It's also time to really start taking notice of what I'm eating.  I'm reading a really good book,The Perfect 10 Diet, but it's taking FOREVER to get to the part of what I should and shouldn't be eating.  Yah, that's been my excuse for the past 3 weeks, but no more!  This book is making perfect sense and my doctor has been telling me I should be eating this way for several years now.  But I'm not a lover of "self-help" books and so I don't read them really fast and this one, while giving me a wealth of knowledge in the "why" category, I haven't gotten to the "how" part yet. :)  I know excuses, excuses.  If anyone is interested, the Kindle version is only $1.99 (if you have an ipad or iphone, download the kindle app, it's great!)


So anyway, I've only lost 2 lbs. so far.  However, my first week drinking that much water, it must have flushed (ha, ha pun intended) my system and my fingers got skinnier.  How lame is it that my fingers and my wrists are the first place I lose weight.  But I actually wore my wedding ring the other day (have only wore it sporadically for the last 6 years) and my watch is much looser on my wrist.  It's a start. 

Here we are to a new month and my resolve, with a slight change in focus, begins again.  I've gained some ground, and that's the most important part.  I found this great visual reminder on Pinterest.  I'm making this and putting it on the shelves next to my desk.  Next month, the "pounds to go" jar will be lower!

How are your goals/resolutions coming along?  Are you still sticking with them?  Do you need to reevaluate and maybe make some changes or tweeks to your goal? 

Sharing the accountability with:


Pin It

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Way to go! Sticking with it is half the battle. 6am, really? Now I feel like a slacker for "making" myself get up at 7.

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Great update! Way to stick with it. That visual reminder is a great idea!! Keep it up! You can do it!

Thanks so much for joining the challenge!
Karah

Eclectically Vintage said...

Wouldn't it be great if all our weight went to our fingers (instead of the other dreaded places)! That jar really makes you think of what you put in your mouth - 2 lbs is a great start - go girl. Thanks for joining our challenge!
Kelly

Linda @ It All Started with Paint said...

Thanks for the laugh! Hope you're enjoying those skinny fingers ...

I need to remember the water thing. And love that jar idea -- though will it end up being a giant FAIL reminder?

Thanks so much for joining our Impossibilities challenge!

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

Fat Dormouse said...

I’m sorry I’ve not visited your Impossibility Challenge post before now – this working lark does get in the way of real life !!!
What a great idea it is to use the jar to track your weight loss. I really hope that you continue to be suiccessful. My blog (fatdormouse.blogspot.com) has some recipes on that you might find useful - last year's posts included my weightloss recipes.
Congratulations on making your impossibility possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...