Thursday, January 5, 2012

Drinking Water Tips!

Fantastic Friday Tips is where I'm going to start sharing the best tips I find throughout the week.  This week, since my focus has been on drinking more water, I'll share my best water drinking tips.  Who knew there would have to be tips for drinking water. ha ha

Thanks to Pinterest, I found this little tid bit of info. And how awesome are my friends, I didn't even search for these, my friend just pinned this one and the one at the bottom this week.

We know it's good to drink, water that is, so how to remember and make it taste, well, not like water?  Here are some great ideas:
  • Set your watch or phone to beep at the top of each hour, or set a periodic computer reminder, so that you don't forget to drink water.
  •  Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.
  • When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades.
  • Drink a glass of hot water with 1 tbsp. lemon juice mixed in first thing in the morning.  This helps flush out your system.
  • If you use my Organize Your Day printable, you can check off a water bottle for each one you drink.
  • Or here's another great way to remember:
(Source: iwontstopuntilimtiny)
I didn't have nice rubber bands like this, mine were a mishmash of bands from the produce department, from the mailbox, or other assorted places, so mine looked pretty dumb. :)  We used to umm . . . secretly laugh at my BIL behind his back because always wore rubber bands as a fashion statement, maybe all this time he was counting his water intake.  Cheyenne didn't want me looking like him, so she nicely let me use her jelly bracelets today, so I'm much more fashionable.  Now I think I should start wearing them like I did in grade school, you know 2 looped together, or the one around your wrist with others stretched up and over your fingers, then I'd be totally rad and remember to drink all my water!! lol

So do you have any more great tips on how you drink your water?  Please share!


This post was featured by:
 

21 comments:

Jen the CraftinCowgirl said...

Great tips. I love the rubber band tip! I might try to make up some thin braided bracelets for this! Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa said...

Good tips! I really need to work on this because I'm breastfeeding and get dehydrated really easily.

Susie Buetow said...

YES I so need to drink more water. I find it difficult in the winter to drink ice cold water, which i love. Thanks for the rubber band trick. Love it.

Stop over and link up in my Happy Friday Link up today! It is all about drinks!! Susie http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-friday-link-up-drink.html

Monica said...

I definitely need to work on this!! Great post!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Great idea! I just always keep a glass filled and drink form it all day. That usually helps.
Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!

http://www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great post and reminder! I'm so bad about that...I may drink 2 a day if I'm lucky...definitely a good resolution for this year! Thanks for sharing at shine on fridays!

Boden said...

Drinking more water is one of my resolutions for the year, so these tips are great! Thanks for linking up! ~Jen

Unknown said...

These are such wonderful suggestions! As Mommies I think sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves as well as others! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love all of these tips! When I sliced fresh lemon into a pitcher of water, we drank like fish.
My biggest tip--have a water bottle! For some reason, when I can tip it back and suck it out of a bottle, I will go through them soooooooo quickly. In a glass? Not so much. Straws also, I'll drink so much faster. I think this is why we drink so much crap at restaurants. Getting some water now!
Found your blog through Homemaker Monday. Please check mine out!

Unknown said...

I've been trying to drink more water, I have this awesome water bottle that can track how much water I drink, okay basically I twist the top to tell me how many times I've filled it up but it's still nice to keep track of..and I totally cut out pop! Thanks for the tips. Water does the body good. I'm your newest follower! Please follow me back if you can! http://bridgetbakes.blogspot.com/

Georgia said...

Thanks for the water tip.Your getting me motivated to drink more. I love lemon in my water too.:)

Mackenzie said...

Thanks for sharing! I am always trying to think of a good way to remember and the rubber band thing is great! I found you at WATF link party. You can stop by my blog sometime and say hi!
-Mackenzie @ www.fridaynightdatenight.blogspot.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Great tips! I find that I drink more water when I'm at work than at home for some reason.

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

fantastic tips

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday link party
Hope to see you there again this week
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha

Unknown said...

These are such great tips! I am going to get up right now and drink a glass of water because I definitely don't drink enough!

chall12702 said...

I know a great place to get a WONDERFUL water bottle that keeps your water super cold all day! I know it sounds silly, but the water bottle really is great. I got it at flylady.net. She has them in 2 sizes & they don't sweat or leak everywhere. Makes me more willing to carry & drink water throughout the day...

Charissa said...

Thanks for the reminder. I might have to get bigger rubberbands...because my circulation might be cut off and I'd lose my hand if I used the ones I have now...but still, it is a good tip. I do need to drink more water...because it rules, right?

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Terrific information! I do try to drink 8 glasses of water a day but often forget how many I've had. I love the tracking tips :) Thanks so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

Unknown said...

Great tips!! I need to drink more water. I really like the rubber band tip! Thanks so much for linking up to our party this week.

Swimming Pool Water Testing said...

very nice tips..loved it...

Drinking water Testing

Unknown said...

Great tips. I love the rubber band tip! I might try to make up some thin braided bracelets for this! Thanks for sharing :)


Remineralize water system

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...