Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine Craft with the kids


Welcome "Show Me Some Love" blog hoppers.  Glad you came to visit.  Hope you stay a while and take a look around.

Love is in the air . . . more Valentine's crafts today, this time from Leslie.  Not only does she throw an awesome birthday party, but Leslie always has great craft ideas she does with her boys.  Here's Leslie:

 
I saw this idea from Martha Stewart's website and have had it sitting in my Pinterest file until we tested it out Sunday night.  (Now that we have early church this year, we've been able to try out new craft or art projects Sunday evenings).  It was even fun for my boys, and the results are really pretty.


First, we sharpened crayons in a pencil sharpener and put all the shavings here on a piece of wax paper. After we filled most of the bottom side of the paper full, we folded the top half over the bottom half.


Top half is folded over bottom half here.  (wax paper, crayon shavings, wax paper)

Then, put newspaper under the wax paper and on top of it.  Next, iron on top of the newspaper to melt the wax. 


Sorry, Coach Rose.  As if you hadn't already had a rough night.


It comes out looking something like this.


Then we took cookie cutters and traced heart shapes on the paper.  I cut the shapes out, hole punched the top, and tied red yarn though it.


Now we have them hanging in a few places in the house where the sunlight will shine through them.



My five-year-old thought they were so cool, he insisted that I make one into a necklace for his kindergarten teacher... and he gave it to her today!  Nothing like an early valentine.  They would also look neat glued to the front of a valentine cards!

Pin It

Thank you to Kristen at One Tough Mother for putting together this awesome blog hop.  Now go visit all the rest of the participants and show them some love! 

Feb. 1 – One Tough Mother
Feb. 2 – DIY Dreamer
Feb. 3 – Pitter and Glink
Feb. 4 – My Amazing Chaos of Life
Feb. 5 – Measure Once – Cut Twice
Feb. 6 – The Brown Eyes Have It
Feb. 7 – One Tough Mother
Feb. 8 – Pint-Sized Baker
Feb. 9 – J Yipp Photography
Feb. 10 – Bird & Tree
Feb. 11 – Growing Up Gabel
Feb. 12 – Scrapity Anne
Feb. 13 – My Life and Kids
Feb. 14 – One Tough Mother

11 comments:

Lynn @ Scrapity Anne said...

Adorable!!! I think that's a great idea for a craft with kids! Great job!!

Christine said...

So original!!!! I have to show this to my daughter! I bet she's going to beg to make some too :)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this is such a cool idea I'll have to do it with my nieces! I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Crafts a la Mode said...

Looks like fun and easy enough for kids. Thanks for sharing. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Altax said...

Awesome craft!!! Kids will love it.

Valentines Day Crafts

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Very pretty. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

www.bearrabbitbear.com

Unknown said...

cute! I bet his teacher LOVED it. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

SUCH a fun craft for kids! :) Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Unknown said...

AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

These turned out great! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
Hope to can join us again tomorrow

Natasha

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...