Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Little Scout

 A few months ago (sheesh time is flying!), Billy had his first Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts.  For Christmas his leaders had given each of the boys a toolbox kit to build and they used these as part of the decorations for the banquet.  Billy was quite proud of his masterpiece and asked if he could share it on my blog, "since it's something he made."  I can't resist those dimples so here he is with his toolbox creation.


Can you tell he wasn't so excited by the end of the photo shoot? :)  So he built the box first, painted it all, then because he knew I could cut Batman stuff on my Cricut, decided that would make it awesome!  He really likes the Cricut.  We picked out the designs and he helped cut a few pieces and then got bored - it was a LONG process to cut out all the different layers in different colors.  He glued some of them together, but the stinkin' car and Batman himself had some teeny tiny pieces and I ended up finishing both of those.  However, he finished up by mod podging each thing on to the toolbox.  Mission complete!  He did a great job and I got to introduce him to the world of mod podge.  He now proudly displays it on his shelf above his bed where it holds his rock collection.  Good job, Billy! I love that boy!!




6 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Can I please kiss him!? Oh my gosh is he the cutest...I mean... handsome boy ever! :) What a great job your little man did on this!! So cute!

Mamma Mia said...

So this is what it takes to make him actually smile for a picture.

Paula said...

What a handsome and talented boy you have. Tell him to keep scouting, my nephew is an Eagle Scout and is a fine young man in his 20's.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

He looks so proud of it! Great job! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Unknown said...

Love, love the batman on the tool box! He looks so proud! Great job mom and son. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

Leslie said...

He looks so grown up! I love that cartridge too. It definitely came in handy for Jack's birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...